Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This is from one of the blogs I follow Memoirs of a Farm Wife

A Farm Wife Original Meme

A Housework Meme Just for You.

Do you have a daily cleaning routine?

Routine...I would love to have a cleaning routine...I do have a morning routine. At dawn, run outside and let Millie, my turkey back into the pen. Get back in the house and spend a few minutes to put my self together, Let the little dogs out, 6:40 wake up kids for school. Go to the kitchen and find the the kitchen fairies have not done their job again...put on coffee, start breakfast, put together lunch for Miss J and wake up the kids for school second time comes with a warning...finish up breakfast and call kids to eat 7:20 leave to drive to the bus stop. 7:30 I return to start my day...look for the future cleaning routine.

Do you cook on a regular basis?

We live in a small town on a farm, we have no take out or delivery. We cook everyday and every meal. When the farmer and I lived in the city we would fall prey to take out on occasion but temptation is gone. We love fresh food and it is a pleasure to cook.I just wish the kitchen faires would do their job and clean up after the meals.

Do you wear aprons?

Only on special occassions. Although I adore apons and have made serveral. Check out this one from a men's shirt, apron, Tomorrow I will start wearing an apron.

Do you make beds on a regular basis?

Yes I need need to make my bed everyday or before I get in if it was a real out of the ordinary day.

What do you call the three meals you eat a day?

Breakfast Lunch and Dinner

How many loads of laundry do you wash in a week?

3 per day...does that mean 15???

What is your least favorite chore?

Dishes Dishes Dishes....I just don't do dishes. Growing up I never had to wash dishes and the farmer alway made sure I had a dish washer...we do not have a dishwasher on the farm. For almost a year I have had to wash dishes. I am never on top of them and there always seems to be a dishes in the sink. The kitchen fairies never do their job!

Do you keep a company ready house (or attempt to) or go for that comfortably lived in look or could you be on your own Hoaring: Buried Alive episode on TLC?

I attempt to and this really is connected to the next question. I grew up with the notion that there is a certain section of the house that is ALWAYS company ready. The farmer could never get me into a house where the kitchen is the first thing or even visible from the front door, that is where all the work goes on and could never be company ready all the time.

I once heard on the radio that 90% of women clean house like their mothers. Do you?

I clean like my mother in everyway but in the way of dishes. My mother loves to wash dishes and uses the hottest water possible. Glass is first, plates and serving platters next, cutlery and on to pots. You must alway wipe down the tray and wipe dry the sink and neatly lie the dish cloth on the side of the sink. I hate dishes and the kitchen fairies never do their job.

Do you expect your children to help out around the house? To what extent?

Miss J and Mr. D(10 and 14) are very helpful...although no one has chores. Another thing we are thinking about ... I could use a couple kitchen fairies!!

So? How about you?



0 comments: